It is with deep regret that I announce the passing of Past Commander in Chief David V Medert of the Department of Ohio. Brother Medert passed away 4 November 2022 at 3:00PM. In addition to being a Commander in Chief (2008), Brother Medert was Past Department Commander of the Department of Ohio, as well as a Past Commanding General of the SVR.
- Brother Medert’s involvement and leadership within the Order as well as the SVR, has made a difference to the many Brothers that knew him.
- Brother Medert was retired from the US Navy as a Senior Chief Petty Officer with a very distinguished career. His service included stations onboard three submarines, an aircraft carrier, light cruiser, heavy cruiser, frigate, an airborne reconnaissance squadron, and numerous stateside and overseas duty assignments.
- Brother Medert was a member of Battery I, 1st Ohio Lt. Artillery, where he had served as Battery Commander for 7 years.
- Brother Medert was the recipient of the SVR Meritorious Service Medal, Distinguished Service Medal and the SUVCW’s Meritorious Service Medal with Gold Star.
- Brother Medert was active in Freemasonry with his Lodge as well as having served as a Deputy Grand Master in the 7th Masonic District of Ohio.
Condolences and cards may be sent to Brother Medert’s wife, Mrs. Andrea Medert, 72 Limestone Blvd, Chillicothe, OH 45601
Arraignments have yet to be announced.