July 28, 1868 – May 22, 1944
Department Commander 1931
South Paris – Dr. Charles L. Buck died Monday at the C.M.G. Hospital, Lewiston, where he had been a patient for the past eight weeks and had undergone surgery.
He was born in Paris, July 28, 1868, the son of Charles T. and Elizabeth Dunham Buck, and had been a dentist in South Paris for 54 years. Dr. Buck had been a most faithful member of the Deering Memorial Methodist Church, joining when a young man. He also had served as chairman of the board of trustees and secretary of the official board of the church for a long period; served as superintendent of the Sunday school for over 30 years and for the past few years he had served as lay leader of the church and was a lay member of the Maine Methodist Conference. Dr. Buck had been a member of Mount Mica Lodge of Odd Fellows for 53 years and was a Past Grand. He was a charter member of the Joshua L. Chamberlain Camp, Sons of Union Veterans and served as department commander in 1931 and 1932. He was a member of the Sons of Veterans, a member of Mount Pleasant Rebekah Lodge and Paris Grange.
Survivors include one daughter, Mrs. Myrtle B. Gates of South Paris; three grandsons and one great grandson; also a stepdaughter, Mrs. Lee Wade of Auburn.
Burial at Riverside Cemetery, South Paris, Oxford, Maine
You must be logged in to post a comment.